Friday, June 15, 2012

Welcome to Tebas


As a new author I figured I'd start a blog... hopefully a successful blog. I've been writing for years and I have recently self-published my first story. Assassin: A Short Story in Tebas. I'm in the process of traditionally publishing my first novel. Some of you may know my older blogs Live Away From Life (a sort of travel blog) and Fictional Escapes (A blog where I would tell stories). I stopped writing the first, because non-fiction isn’t really my favorite type of writing and I stopped writing the fictional blog, because I became too wrapped in my writings concerning Tebas as well as my everyday life (family/work) and whatever else.
    
     I’m starting this blog for a few reasons:
          Marketing- I’m a self-publisher who needs to get my stories in the public eye.
          Size- Tebas is huge; most of my stories are not so big. I may mention things in a story that the reader may not understand, because the reader hasn’t read anything about that something. Whether the reader doesn’t know a country in Tebas such as Mak or a small kingdom in the realm of Izella such as Irrabass this blog should be able to point the reader in the right direction.
         
          Dictionary- Yes all of the Elvish I use in my stories is completely of my own creation. I was planning on using some of Tolkien’s work, but that’s before I did the research and realized that doing so could mean a lawsuit, because of copyrights. Because my writing is continuous the dictionary will be ever-growing, you’ll have to wait for the dictionary though, because as I stated earlier I’m a family man as well as a Corpsman who must make time for the writer inside.
          Characters- I would like to eventually have character bios on most of the major characters in my stories such as Jamion, Tulaq, Aiya, and the list goes on.

So I hope you enjoy the blog. I also hope you enjoy reading the stories of Tebas just as I love writing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment